Archangels of the Sword, Red Archangel, Two Empires of Archangel, 100,000 Age of Empires Win 2 Egypt
Chapter 2: Bringing Thunder
… I look up at the fiery eyes of the green knyght in the
painting. Something changes: the clouds move, the walls of order are broken. I
feel I am falling yet I cannot understand why. It’s as though I am being
punished for something outside of my scope.
I had thought that Francis was a devoutly Christian man: I
had always seen him reading scripted bibles after all. But when he said we
needed a Druid for this journey I was more than a little surprised. Bringing a
priest on a journey is one thing, bringing a druid into any affair is in my
experience quite another. “Trust me, lord, he will be the key to finding your
father.” I didn’t want to know much more, but, of course, I had to hear the
whole story.
Francis had
met the druid after his travels in Babylon
with my father. They had been cursed – he offered no other explanation – and
the coy druid had taken advantage of the situation and saved my father. They
were told that the stars looked kindly upon them, and if ever in need again to
call upon him.
“I am still
not quite sure about this,”
Let me tell
you about magic, for as I thought on bringing this druid into our group, it was
dominating my mind. Relating it in company is suicide in Christian lands;
priests are serious about making it an evil, secretive enterprise. But the
lines between dreams, illusions, and visions are small if you’re a Norman . Reality always
fades in; it cannot be defeated. I was brought up with magic as a reality,
something that few possessed the power to manage. I have found that few men
want glory; they want answers. And questions on magic are always foremost.
There were tales of men … but that is another story. I was going to tell you
about a druid.
Druids are
one of those people who, throughout time, have gotten into a lot of trouble.
Whether it be playing to the hearts of pagans or erecting huge stones, they
have a knack for not only power but raising distrust among the commoners.
As we
approached a massive wooden fort set against a hill, I saw fires blazing
shooting colors of blue, red, and green into the skies. I had never seen fires
shooting so high into the air with such colors. Magic. Whether I believed in it
or not didn’t matter. It was a reality.
“It be
magic, me lord.” Francis seemed to have no worry in his soul. I was afraid.
Druids were a dangerous lot, and even the most galled hero would have blinked
at the face of such magic. But be it magic or just a trick?
“Magic is
banned in these lands, Francis. Is it not?”
“I have yet
to meet a baron willing to send his men to face druids. It be earth magic, they
don’t practice the dark magic here in Europa.”
This made
me curious: Where else could they practice it? How did Francis know of all
these rules, yet I did not? They were only known to dwell in the lands of
Europa. It didn’t add up.
Comments
Post a Comment